(Last revised: 03 September 2020)
How to contact us
What we collect and receive
We adopt the definition of “Personal Data” as defined in EU GDPR, section 4 (1), and we collect the following categories of Personal Data from you:
What you provide to us:
- Account Registration Data refers to your full name, email address, and LinkedIn account. These information are necessary for your account creation and for your use of the Site and Services. In certain limited cases, we may ask you to provide us with your country of residence to ensure that the national laws of your country allows for copyright enforcement and protection.
- Profile Data refers to any image that you voluntarily upload to your account. You give us your consent to process and collect such Personal Data, however you may withdraw your consent by removing any such uploaded image.
- Feedback and Survey Results Data refers to your feedback, comments and responses during the engagement surveys that we conduct.
What is collected automatically:
- Technical Data refers to your Internet Protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location (country), browser plugin types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices that you use to access our Site and Services.
What third parties provide to us:
- Professional Data refers to the information available on your LinkedIn account, such as details of your current employer as well as your professional and education background. In order to minimise the risks of any potential conflict of interest (when you create strategies or works that attract copyright protection on Alphien’s platform) with your current employment, we collect and process such information to conduct a more complete assessment.
How we collect
As mentioned above, we collect your Personal Data (1) that you supply us when you create your account or through the use of the Site and the Services, and (2) through cookies and web beacons when you use our Site and Services.
How we use
As it is in our obligation and legitimate interest to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our Site and Services, we use your Personal Data:
|To facilitate your access to Alphien’s Site and Services||
|To ensure smooth technical functionality of Alphien’s Site and Services|
|To communicate with you regarding the use of Alphien’s Site and Services|
|To offer and provide you with technical support|
|To protect the security of Alphien’s Site and Services as well as protecting the rights and property of Alphien and other Users|
|To comply with any and all legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to|
|To determine whether you may be eligible to join our platform||
|To provide you with weekly updates of (i) the new features available on the Site and (ii) competitions that we organise. You have the option of unsubscribing to our weekly letters by clicking on “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the weekly letter email|
|To facilitate your communication with other Users, particularly, to enable you and other Users to send chat request to each other|
|To understand your interaction with Alphien’s Site and Services|
|To carry out statistical analysis for us to improve and develop new features on our Site|
|To work on your feedback and responses in order to improve our Site and Services to you|
International Data Transfers
We may share your Personal Data, to a varying extent, with the following entities:
- Users: Users can only view your username and profile picture, if any is uploaded.
- Employees of Alphien: Employees at Alphien who are responsible for maintaining and facilitating the Site and Services will have access to your Personal Data.
- Changes to Business Ownership and Control: We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your Personal Data in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganisation or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. If Alphien is sold or otherwise changes its business status, we will notify you that we are transferring your information.
Taking into account the state of art, the costs of implementation, the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing your Personal Data, we implement various measures including access and retention policies to guard against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of Personal Data in our systems. We also ensure that those who have permanent or regular access to your Personal Data or who are involved in the processing of Personal Data, or in charge of developing the tools used to process Personal Data are trained and informed of their rights and responsibilities when processing such Personal Data. In the event that your data is lost or stolen, and if this data breach could harm you, we will inform you without undue delay. We also strongly encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after using our Site and Services to ensure the security of your account.
Retention of Data
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm that may be involved from any unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for why we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Currently, we retain:
- your account registration data, profile data, and professional data for as long as your account is active;
- your cookies data for not more than 13 months;
- your technical data for a period of 24 months;
- your communications data for a period of 24 months; and
- your feedback and surveys data for a period of 24 months.
If your account remains inactive for 24 months from your last login date, your account (along with your Personal Data) will be deleted, unless you expressly request to maintain your account.
We comply with the EU GDPR standard and you have the right to request access, correction, or deletion of the Personal Data we have about you. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Here are your rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from Alphien as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to your Personal Data.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request from Alphien to (i) rectify any inaccurate personal information concerning you and (ii) have incomplete personal information completed. You may also directly modify or complete any such personal information at any time via your User Account.
- Right to erasure: Subject to our storage legal obligations, you have the right to request from Alphien to erase any of your Personal Data, in particular where (i) the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was initially collected or processed; (ii) you have withdrawn your consent for certain processing of your Personal Data; (iii) you believe that the Personal Data have been unlawfully processed; or (iv) the Personal Data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which Alphien is subject.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to obtain from Alphien restriction of processing where (i) you contest the accuracy of your retained Personal Data, (ii) you believe that our processing is unlawful and you request the restriction of our use instead of the erasure, or (iii) Alphien no longer needs the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing but Alphien needs such Personal Data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive or transmit to another data controller the collected Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular position, at any time to the processing of Personal Data concerning you where the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, unless Alphien demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Reject automated individual decision-making: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affects you, unless this decision is necessary for entering into, or performance of a contract between you and Alphien or if the decision is authorized by Union or Member State law to which Alphien is subject, or if you have given your explicit consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.